Wednesday, January 28, 2009
The year was 1990. The decade of slow jams started off with this classic. Songs like this should be in the Top 20 Duets. i think i will make my own Top Duets List. stay tuned for that.
i was going to check my email when this story popped up. As i started to read my heart just sank deeper into my chest. These parents were so deep in despair, so baffled by life's curveball that they resorted to violence not only upon the themselves but to the innocent children.
Now i don't know what kind of relationships they had within their community or within their extended family but murder and suicide is not the answer.
Personally i believe God can get you through anything. My mother would say it's another sign that the Earth is getting closer and closer to the 2nd coming of Christ. Man is becoming more greedy, more devious, and more hopeless.
Who knows who those children could have become? And the excuse they left for taking the children's lives was "Why leave our children in someone else's hands?"
Seriously? I think that if they had a strong faith-based background this tragedy might not have occured. Also i wonder did they have any friends who they could turn to? Family members? Former co-workers? Was death the only logical solution?
If there are relatives of that family grieving them then i offer my sincerest prayers.
Monday, January 19, 2009
so i finally discovered how to put music on here by way of ilike.com You can go there and make a playlist then add it to your blog. Maybe i'm just slow but i wasnt aware of that. i usually just use imeem to copy and paste. lol Anyway Enjoy my playlist!
1. Beyonce-Back Up-Love this song because that's how i feel when i'm out doing my thang. like people watch out! haha
2. Amy Winehouse-Me and Mr. Jones-i love Amy. her voice is amazing i just wished she would get her life together. Drugs are BAD! JUST SAY NO CHILDREN!!! and also bcuz she made up the word "f#c&erry" Personally i've never heard the word but it sounded hilarious to me.
3. Annie-Heartbeat-1st song i heard by her and i just fell in love with it.
4. Secondhand Serenade-Fall for you-The 1st line of this song is so simple yet very true in relationships.
5.Mateo-Human-Mateo is a cutie and he keeps it real saying we're all human, feeling and not perfect.
6. Steph Jones-Mr.Ordinary-My friend, Lamar actually put me on to Steph Jones. I cant wait till he blows up! The man is talented.
7.Mariah Carey-Can't Let Go-No need for explaination. it's Mariah.
8. Kanye West-Stronger-This joint gives me inspiration and it makes me bounce too.
9. Van Hunt-Your Love-I like to imagine hat my babe would sing this song to me if he could sing. LOL. Van Hunt is awesome, check him out on Itunes or Myspace.
10.Adele-Melt My heart to Stone-it just gives me that oomph in my spirit.
11. Goapele-Romantic-1st she represents the Bay! 2nd she is cussing at a man being too romantic?!? too funny! LOL
12. Gavin DeGraw-I'm in love with A Girl-This song parallels to my current relationship. he knows me better.
13. Prince-Lil Red Corvette-I HAD to have some Prince on my playlist. No list is ever complete without him. He has a song for EVERY situation. Trust me!
Sunday, January 18, 2009
My favorite movie of the 90's was Cruel Intentions and it had THEE best soundtrack. I first fell in love with Reese Witherspoon during the watching of this movie and the musical sounds throughout just blew me away. This song live is awesome too.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
man i miss the 90's. a time when life was so simple, the worst problem i had was learning multiplication lol. Also 90's music was the crutch that held a lot of people together. It made you smile, made you laugh, made you cry, made you reminisce.
So i had to pull out this jam right here from 4 very-talented ladies who's songs i still love.
Thursday, January 8, 2009
"Blessed are the dead for they escape the evils of this world." -Drea MoS
i'm sure a lot of people have seen and heard about the un-provoked shooting of Oscar Grant on the Fruitvale Bart and also the calm protest that turned into a downtown riot.
It's getting really ridiculous these days. Clearly all police personnel need to have "Common Sense" training because it is clear from videos provided that this young man was not threatening or resisting the police. Firing a gun should be a last effort from police NOT the FIRST! Such actions were obviously not needed and i want to call into question why this man was sought out by the Bart police in the 1st place? i am very sad to hear of another Black man dying senselessly but i am further disappointed with our so-called "armed protection". Oh they're armed but WHO are they protecting? They shoot unarmed men but do nothing about drug dealers.
For more info go to:
And NOW i would like to speak on the peaceful March turned Buffoonery Riot. Now i read in the SF Chronicle that
Friday, January 2, 2009
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Happy New Year to everyone! I hope this new year brings blessings unto you and your family. I usually don't make resolutions but i plan on slowly but surely changing my dietary habits and also being more productive towards getting my degree. Even if you feel like your life is good there is always something you can do to make it better. Maybe donating your time to a Senior's home or becoming a Big Brother/Sister. Or even if you wanna start small wihin yourself, you can change your hair color or wear something totally out of your usual comfort zone. Whatever it is, think of it as a new begining.
What's you resolution for this year?